– What happened to you? Did you oversleep? – No, not at all. I thought I could come by later,
as Viorel is not leaving yet. – He is going to leave soon.
– Yes, I know he is leaving. – He is coming back though. – Have you got no wellies, no?
– No, I don’t. – You mean you only have your slippers?
– Yes, only slippers. – That’s not good.
– Oh, well. – Your feet are going to get wet.
– I don’t have any wellies. – You have no wellies?
[shakes her head] – You should buy some.
– I will. – I will get a large pair so that
I can get them on faster. When I wear wellies I get muscle soreness. Me too. If I wear sneaker shoes I can’t walk anymore. That’s because I have rheumatism and
the rubber is not good for it. I must wash the bottle,
for I can’t just stay doing nothing. My God, it was very cold lately. I thought that I will never get warmed-up again. I had to put the electric heating on last night. I’ve been sick, with a cold, and the local doctor
said: “Feed her raw milk” straight for the cow if you have one. “We have two”, my mother said. “Give the child milk then”, he said. I was about 6 or 7 at the time.
I was a child back then. I will just allow the milk to boil. “Make more of it, oh God”,
my father used to say. That’s it, ready for consumption.